Donna Blackman, from Epple Bay, has been taking part in the Kent MS Therapy Centre’s…
Thank you to everyone who took the time to participate in our 2017 Members’ Survey. Your feedback is a tremendously helpful way to gather information on what is working well, where improvements are needed and to guide our plans for 2018 and beyond.
2017 Survey Headlines
- 184 responses to the 2017 were received, of which 142 classified themselves as MS Members (approximately 30% of all MS Members1).
- 69% of respondents use the Centre at least once a week.
- Most visitors to the Centre travel 20 miles or less.
- The main reason given for not attending the Centre amongst those who no longer attend is transportation difficulties/costs.
- The majority of respondents use neither the MS Specialist Nurse nor the Bladder/Bowel Clinics.
- Oxygen Therapy is the most widely used therapy, with 69% of respondents using it.
- Respondents are overwhelmingly positive about the Centre, the therapies they use and the staff, members and volunteers they meet there.
- Fundraising activities that are accessible to MS Members are the most popular options.
- Communication from KMSTC is generally felt to be sufficient and useful, with the favoured channels being Email, Signs/Notices at the Centre and the Members’ Newsletter.
- The majority of respondents indicate that they are happy to receive the Members’ Newsletter electronically as an email attachment.