Yoga has been developed over many thousands of years to promote good health and inner peace. It combines gentle holistic activities designed to:
- Maintain fitness, suppleness and muscle tone
- Strengthen the body’s own self-healing powers
With breathing, meditation and visualisation which help:
- Energise both body and mind
- Reduce stress
- Improve concentration and clarity
- Control and calm the mind
Helping you work, relax and sleep more deeply. As such, it affords strong protection against illnesses of all kinds.
Originating in the East, yoga is now practised by millions of people worldwide to maintain and improve the quality of their lives.
Yoga for people with MS
Yoga is uniquely able to assist people with MS. Its gentle holistic activities, and breathing and meditation techniques, improve and help maintain energy flow with minimal physical effort. Fitness and clarity of mind are improved.
Yoga can also:
- improve posture
- maintain or increase flexibility
- stimulate the body’s systems promoting effective function
- improve strength and flexibility
- gently stretch muscles, enabling them to relax
How do I access the centre’s yoga classes?
Yoga is available to members following an initial consultation with Karen Middlemiss our MS Support Manager.
Find out more about becoming a member of the centre. Membership entitles a person with MS to access all of the centre’s services if appropriate.
Contact the Centre for further information.