Working and Volunteering at Kent MS Therapy Centre
This role forms part of the Senior Management Team working alongside our MS Member Support Manager, and Head of Fundraising, all reporting into the Chief Executive.
Scope of role
Direct Reports: 2 full time staff, 1 part time and 6+ volunteers
Salary: £25-£27,000 DOE
Hours: 35 hours over 5 days
Holiday: 27 days pro rata (plus bank and public holidays)
This role would suit someone who thrives in a busy environment where multi-tasking is the norm. As Office Manager your customer service, team leadership and communication skills will be put to the test. You will need to be highly personable, confident and articulate with the ability to remain calm under pressure. You will have the ability to cut through processes and systems to help ensure the Centre can offer as many therapies to as many Members as possible. Your technical skills will be sound and you need to be process oriented with a keen eye for detail. The need for flexibility and agility dealing with and responding to any day to day issues and priorities is paramount.
You will need to be a team player, a self-starter, who can motivate and develop the Reception Team.
Main purpose of the job
The Office Manager will be responsible for providing and managing the following functions across four key areas:
- Delivery of excellent customer service experience to all
- Managing Reception functions including booking & administration of therapies and events
- Accurate recording system for payments and contributions
- Direct management and support for Reception staff and volunteers
- Managing Reception rota to ensure seamless Reception offering
- Recruitment, retention and administration of volunteers
Processes, Systems & Data extraction & analysis
- Extracting, analysing and interpreting data from our database to inform management decisions
- Production of management Information Reports on all Centre activities
- Streamlining of processes and systems
- Day to day facilities management of the building, equipment, and facilities
- Managing contractors and suppliers
- Maintain comprehensive service and maintenance records
Health & Safety
- Maintain Health & Safety standards and processes ensuring all regulatory checks are complete (including COSHH, manual handling, fire training) and up to date
- Risk Assessments (internal & external)
- Maintain comprehensive records of all Health & Safety documents and records
KMSTC strives to constantly improve our offering and delivery to Members. In support of this the Office Manager will manage a range of improvement projects.
These are key duties and responsibilities for the post and they are subject to regular review. Any significant changes to the role will be subject to consultation. This role as such is subject to additional duties as directed by the Chief Executive.
* Familiar with booking systems and databases
* Competent with Microsoft Office 365
* 3 years’ experience in Facilities Management or office administration including reception management (essential)
* An understanding of GDPR legislation
Basic Health & Safety (e.g. IOSH) including Risk Assessor training (Desirable).
The post holder is required to be aware of and maintain a strict code of confidentiality at all times. All staff and volunteers at The Kent MS Therapy Centre agree to adhere to the Charity’s Code of Conduct. A standard DBS check will be required for this post.
How to apply
Please apply by emailing your CV and cover letter to Keziah Cunningham, CEO.
Closing date: Monday 4th November 9.00 am
The Kent MS Therapy Centre is seeking to recruit a Community Fundraiser to support the Head of Fundraising in generating income from community events throughout Kent, as well as facilitating volunteer-led fundraising activities. The role will also support the development and promotion of charity led fundraising events.
This position is offered on a full-time basis, based in Canterbury, with a salary of £18,000 – £24,000 per annum.
Therapy Centre Receptionist
Are you a warm, welcoming, super organised Receptionist? Do you thrive in busy environments? Are you able to multi-task and juggle priorities? Are you looking for your next challenge in a wonderful purpose-built Therapy Centre?
This position is offered on a full-time basis, based in Canterbury, with a salary of £16,000 per annum.
Social Programme Co-ordinator
This is a new volunteer role for KMSTC accountable to the Head of Fundraising. It is anticipated that it will require a commitment of 5-7 hours per week spread over a number of days as the tasks dictate. This will vary depending on the nature of the activity/event.
Volunteer Admin Support to Bookkeeper
This is a temporary, project based volunteer role to support our super Bookkeeper manage our Gift Aid claims process. This is an important role that will result in us claiming Gift Aid from HMRC and increase our income.
The role involves ploughing through Gift Aid declarations, inputting details into an Excel Spreadsheet, cross checking donations from Dropbox records, and spotting gaps.
No bookkeeping experience is required, but good Excel experience is essential as is a keen eye for detail.
The commitment required is to be agreed and we can work around your availability (available desks permitting). This role will be accountable to the Centre’s Bookkeeper.
In the first instance please email Dawn Gale email@example.com outlining how your skills match the role.
We are always willing to accommodate younger volunteers who are taking part in their Duke of Edinburgh award and need a charity placement. We will also accommodate work experience students. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We also welcome volunteers to:
- Organise/support fundraising events
- Act as charity box collectors
- Act as Trustees
- Operate our Oxygen Therapy Chamber
- provide general help
Read more about how you can help at KMSTC.