Working and Volunteering at Kent MS Therapy Centre
Full-time, permanent, salary £17,000.
Are you a warm, welcoming, super organised Receptionist? Do you thrive in busy environments? Are you able to multi-task and juggle priorities? Are you looking for your next challenge in a wonderful purpose built Therapy Centre?
The Kent MS Therapy Centre reception is unlike any other. It is the engine room that powers the charity. It is the hub of all activities. The Centre team deals with over 18,000 session bookings per annum, thousands of transactions, and deals with an average annual footfall of over 21,000 visits. All while providing an exceptionally warm and friendly welcome and experience to the MS Members and other visitors.
The Kent MS Therapy Centre is a charity dedicated to improving the quality of life for people with Multiple Sclerosis. Our purpose built Centre opened in January 2015 and provides a wide range of therapies and services that are vital in helping to alleviate some of the symptoms of MS.
Main purpose of job
The receptionist will be responsible for the following duties:
- Greet and assist all visitors to the Centre
- Respond efficiently to face to face, phone, and email enquiries
- Accurate Data input for bookings, appointments, and schedules
- Maintain accurate contact details & marketing preferences for Members
- Produce daily, weekly & monthly data and management reports
- Record and process donation and payment transactions for all departments
- Reconciling and cashing up processes
- Follow Opening & Closing procedures as and when required including preparation of therapy rooms
- General office and administrative duties and tasks
- Provide cover to other receptionists when on annual leave
These are key duties and responsibilities for the post and they are subject to regular review. The role is subject to additional duties as directed by Office Manager and/or the Chief Executive.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A caring and friendly personality with a positive attitude
- Has the ability to work under pressure in a busy environment
- Ability to multi-task whilst retaining accuracy
- Understands and respects confidentiality and deals with Members in a sensitive and empathetic manner
- Has the ability to work as part of a team and equally on their own initiative
- Reception/Front of House and administration experience
- Highly computer literate & fully conversant with MS Office 365
- Database knowledge and experience
- Empathetic to and supportive of our values and aims
- Familiar with booking systems
- Proactive problem solver, anticipating need
Must have own transport. Parking is provided at the Centre. A standardDBS check will be required for this post.Reading View. Press Alt Shift A for accessibility help.
The post holder is required to be aware of and maintain a strict code of confidentiality at all times. All staff and volunteers at the Kent MS Therapy Centre agree to adhere to the Charity’s Code of Conduct.
To apply candidates should submit their CV direct to the Centre for the attention of Alice Young, along with a cover letter outlining how they meet the job specification.
Enquiries to Alice Young, Office Manager Kent MS Therapy Centre, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 22nd January
Duke of Edinburgh and Work Experience Placements
We are always willing to accommodate younger volunteers who are taking part in their Duke of Edinburgh award and need a charity placement. We will also accommodate work experience students. Please email email@example.com for more information.
We also welcome volunteers to:
- Organise/support fundraising events
- Act as charity box collectors
- Act as Trustees
- Operate our Oxygen Therapy Chamber
- provide general help
Read more about how you can help at KMSTC.